Our daily schedule in memory care includes time to rest that is interspersed with more stimulating activities for a well-rounded experience that decreases the daily stress often induced as dementia progresses. Weekly activities include:
- Reminiscence Groups – Allow residents to re-connect with the past and the familiar.
- Music Therapy – Gives residents the opportunity to listen to music, sing songs, and play a wide variety of instruments as they use cognition and motor skills in a social setting.
- Daily Exercise – Promotes regular movement with meaning for our residents.
- Pet Therapy – Offers residents guided interaction with trained animals, including dogs and cats, that helps calm anxiety and reduce daily stress.
- Fine Arts & Crafting – Allows residents to express themselves through a wide variety of art-related activities, including painting, simple pottery, photography projects, and fabric crafts.